Disable Error Reporting for Windows XP
Right click on My Computer and select Properties
Click the advanced tab
Click the error reporting button down the bottom
Select Disable error reporting
April 10, 2018
February 9, 2017
July 13, 2016
Disable Error Reporting for Windows XP
Right click on My Computer and select Properties
Click the advanced tab
Click the error reporting button down the bottom
Select Disable error reporting
These Nokia codes will work on most Nokia Mobile Phones
(1) *3370# Activate Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR) – Your phone uses the best sound quality but talk time is reduced by approx. 5%
(2) #3370# Deactivate Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR) OR *3370# ( Favourite )
(3) *#4720# Activate Half Rate Codec – Your phone uses a lower quality sound but you should gain approx 30% more Talk Time.
(4) *#4720# Deactivate Half Rate Codec.
5) *#0000# Displays your phones software version, 1st Line : Software Version, 2nd Line : Software Release Date, 3rd Line : Compression Type. ( Favourite )
(6) *#9999# Phones software version if *#0000# does not work.
(7) *#06# For checking the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI Number). ( Favourite )
(8) #pw+1234567890+1# Provider Lock Status. (use the “*” button to obtain the “p,w” and “+” symbols).
(9) #pw+1234567890+2# Network Lock Status. (use the “*” button to obtain the “p,w” and “+” symbols).
(10) #pw+1234567890+3# Country Lock Status. (use the “*” button to obtain the “p,w” and “+” symbols).
(11) #pw+1234567890+4# SIM Card Lock Status. (use the “*” button to obtain the “p,w” and “+” symbols).
(12) *#147# (vodafone) this lets you know who called you last.
(13) *#1471# Last call (Only vodofone).
(14) *#21# Allows you to check the number that “All Calls” are diverted to
(15) *#2640# Displays security code in use.
(16) *#30# Lets you see the private number.
(17) *#43# Allows you to check the “Call Waiting” status of your phone.
(18) *#61# Allows you to check the number that “On No Reply” calls are diverted to.
(19) *#62# Allows you to check the number that “Divert If Unreachable (no service)” calls are diverted to.
(20) *#67# Allows you to check the number that “On Busy Calls” are diverted to.
(21) *#67705646# Removes operator logo on 3310 & 3330.
(22) *#73# Reset phone timers and game scores.
Apple has staked a strong claim in the smartphone market. And it’s a good space to latch onto, as the worldwide smartphone market grew more than 29 percent and the North American smartphone market doubled in the first quarter of 2008 compared to a year ago, according to new research from Gartner. Apple, Cupertino, Calif., is the No. 3 vendor of smartphones, selling 1.7 million units worldwide to grab a 5.3 percent share of the market, Gartner said. Apple has built that share up from nothing, offering no smartphone in its portfolio until the debut of its iPhone in June, 2007. In the U.S., Apple is the No. 2 vendor, grabbing 20 percent of the market. Still, the vendor has a ways to go if it wants to hit No. 1 worldwide. Nokia, Espoo, Finland, holds that spot, selling 14.6 million units in the first quarter and grabbing 45.2 percent of the market. Research in Motion, Waterloo, Ontario, sits at No. 2, selling 4.3 million units to grab 13.4 percent of the market.
Globally, buyers snapped up 32.2 million smartphones in the first quarter, an increase of 29.3 percent compared to the first quarter of 2007. In North America, unit sales more than doubled to 7.3 million. “Despite economic concerns, the smartphone market continued to expand in the United States, driven by heavy advertising and strong marketing promotions as more devices reached mass market price points,” said Hugues De La Vergne, principal analyst for mobile terminals research at Gartner, in a statement. “North American operators are giving these devices strong support, as they provide higher average revenue per unit (ARPU). We expect operators to continue to make these devices the focus of 2008 promotions.”
Use this online tool to easily create a favicon (favorites icon) foryour site. A favicon is a small, 16×16 image that is shown inside thebrowser’s location bar and bookmark menu when your site is called up.It is a good way to brand your site and increase it’s prominence inyour visitor’s bookmark menu.
Some of the ways to increase your blog ranking of Google
1. Select Your Keywords and Keyword PhrasesChoose the keywords and keyword phrases you want your blog post to rank high for on the Google search engine results page. For example, I want my blog post to rank high for the term, “blog ranked high on Google.” Currently there are approximately 286,000 pages using this term so I’ll have to do everything in my power to compete with these web pages to get my blog post on the first page of the Google results page for that term.My keyword phrase also includes other keyword phrases like, “ranked high on Google” with about 310,000 competing pages and “high on Google” with over 71 million competing pages. Getting to the first page for these terms would be a bonus.
2. Use Your Keywords in Your Blog TitleGoogle pays very close attention to the words and phrases you use in your blog title. Notice how I used the term, “blog ranked high on Google” in the title of this article. It’s important to use your keyword phrase in your blog title if you want to rank high for that phrase on the Google results page.Another reason you want to use your keyword phrase in your blog title is to give your reader an immediate understanding as to what your blog post is about. If your blog is listed at the top of the search engine results page for your keyword phrase but no one reads it, it’s of no value. Use a title that will cause people to click through to your blog post.The New York Times creates two different titles for their articles. They use a catchy, creative or humorous title for their newspaper, and a keyword specific title for the articles and blogs they post to the Internet. They do this because people looking for jokes about the eating habits of nuns generally go to a search engine and type, “jokes about the eating habits of nuns,” not “Nuns, Buns and Puns.”
3. Use Your Keywords in Your Blog TextNotice how the keyword phrase, “blog ranked high on Google,” is used throughout this blog post. Google pays attention to the text on a blog in order to understand what the blog post is about. Once Google comprehends the content of the blog post, it will categorize the blog based on that information. By using your keyword phrase in your text, both Google and your readers can quickly understand what your blog post is about, allowing Google to accurately categorize your blog making it easy for your clients to find. In the past, search engine consultants encouraged writers to use their keyword phrase in the first 25 words of their text and again in the last sentence. Today, the search engines don’t seem to pay as much attention to word placement, but reader’s do.If your article is about your keyword phrase, it’s a good idea to use it in the first and last sentence because it helps your reader quickly know what your blog post is about. It’s also a good idea to use your keyword phrase in the first sentence because that is the text that is most likely to show in the description text on the search results page.
4. Link To Your Blog With Keyword Rich Anchor TextGet as many one-way links leading back to your blog post as possible from as many quality blogs and websites as you can. Do your best to insure that the text people click on to get back to your site includes your keywords and keyword phrases. This is known in Internet marketing circles as anchor text.In this example I want the anchor text leading back to my blog post to have the keyword phrase, “blog ranked high on Google,” as the clickable text. The clickable text is the means by which all of those other web sites and blogs tell Google what your blog post is about.Google provides far more weight to the theme of your blog post based on the quality and size of the sites linking back to your blog than the text on your blog. For example, if you do a Google search for the term, “click here,” you will be taken to the Adobe Reader download web page. It’s interesting to note the term “click here” doesn’t appear anywhere on that page. The reason the Adobe Reader download page comes up first for this term is because there are millions of other sites that use the anchor text, “click here,” to direct people to the Adobe Reader download page.There are two wonderful ways to get keyword rich anchor text directing people back to your blog post. The first is to write and submit an article about your blog post to other web site and blog owners who will upload your article to their site. In return those web site and blog owners will provide you with a keyword rich anchor text link from your article back to your blog. They get great content for their web site and you get a valuable one-way link back to your blog post.The second way is to encourage other blog owners to write about your blog post. In doing so, they are very likely to use your blog title as the anchor text leading readers back to your post. This is another reason why it’s so important to use your keyword phrase in your blog title.
5. Ask Your Readers To Digg Your Blog Post. Ask your readers to tell the rest of the world about your blog post by submitting it to one of the social bookmarking sites. They include DIGG, Stumble, Blink and many others. If the title of your blog post includes your keyword phrase, it is likely that this is how your readers will describe your blog post to the social bookmarking sites. This helps Google decide where to rank your site on the search results page.
6. Blog On A Community Site Recognized Expert, Active Rain, and Christian Blog are all examples of niche community blog sites. Recognized Expert is a site for marketing experts, Active Rain is for real estate professionals and the Christian blog is for, you guessed it, Christians. These niche sites have tons of traffic along with the undivided attention of Google and the other search engines.
If you follow the following simple steps. You can grow your blog faster and faster.
The most important part about a blog is the type of material that is published on it for Internet visitors to see and use. This material should be carefully designed and placed on the blog so that it is attractive to people who are seeking for information. The material needs to also be produced at the highest quality possible, in order to look professional and provide crucial knowledge about the blog’s main category or topic.
Another part of the material has to do with the type of text that is placed on the blog. Every article that is published needs to contain information that is both relevant to the blog’s theme and exciting for any visitor to read. The articles are the main part of the blog and are what will help build your blog’s popularity in a fast and effective way. Remember to always write high quality articles that will attract a large portion of people that use the Internet on a frequent basis.
In order to quickly build up your blog’s reputation, you need to perform a lot of effective marketing. This can be accomplished through the principle of networking, which means that you basically spread the information about your blog to as many people as you possibly can. There are many ways that you can tell people about your blog, some of which include email, face to face contact, and the publication of links.
Solid Online Relations:
The final way to help your blog grow faster than you ever thought possible would be to establish online relationships with other bloggers and web site owners. Creating solid relationships with these people will have a direct, positive effect on your blog. They will refer their traffic flow to your blog and make comments about it that are positive and profitable for you.
Some of the main reasons to use the best template for your web site…
1.Professionally designed site
First appearances are everything, this is especially so on the internet. If your site looks amateurish then it is more than likely that someone will press the back button on their browser before they even read your home page, let alone buy anything from you. Web site templates get round this problem as they are designed by professionals who are creating web sites every day. This means that graphics will be well designed and load quickly when people visit your site. The basic design of the site will have been tested with several browsers to ensure compatibility and the navigation system will be functional.
A web site template costs between $20 – $70, compare this to a design cost from scratch of about $500 from a web site designer and you can see that you can make substantial savings by opting for the do it yourself approach. A template is a great starting point for a good looking, well designed site. All you need are some basic editing skills and appropriate software.
Quite simply editing a partially completed web site is much quicker than creating a site from scratch. You avoid problems such as creating navigation menus and optimizing graphics for fast loading of web pages. It typically takes a web designer 5 – 15 days to produce a high quality site.
A lot of time can be wasted in deciding on the layout of a site. Using a template helps overcome design issues and enables you to focus purely on content. That way you can achieve a more polished product.
Most web site templates are available either as basic HTML files or as more sophisticated flash sites. The more professional retailers will give you both versions.
This means that if you are working to a budget then you could use a low cost HTML editor to get by or, if you wanted your visitors to have a more involved experience, then you could invest in premium products from Macromedia, Adobe or Microsoft that support most of the features you could ever wish to add to your site.
Developing a successful web site takes a great deal of planning and preparation. An important part of your preparation is obtaining the essential tools of the trade.
An HTML editor is a software program used to create and edit HTML documents.
Although some Internet marketers prefer to write their own HTML code, most prefer to use an HTML editor, as it can greatly simplify a somewhat difficult process. However, using an HTML editor has its disadvantages, as some editors have a tendency to add a lot of unnecessary coding and may not support the latest technologies.
Whether you will be writing your own HTML or using an editor, taking the time to learn HTML is very important. Not only will you gain your independence, but you’ll also have the ability to add special effects that many HTML editors don’t support.
Here are some popular HTML editors:
A popular WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) HTML editor. Great for beginners and advanced users alike.
A popular HTML editor that’s great for beginners as well as advanced users. Includes a built in browser that will enable you to instantly preview your HTML as you go.
Hot Dog Professional
Three HTML editors, including HotDog Junior for children, PageWiz for the novice user and Professional for advanced and budding webmasters.
A text editor is a software program used for editing plain text that doesn’t add any special formatting.
If you’re considering writing your own HTML code, you’ll need a good text editor. Although it will certainly be more time consuming, your code will be much cleaner and can reduce your file size considerably.
In addition to using a text editor to write HTML, it can also be used to edit scripts and write articles.
If you have a Windows operating system, Note Pad is the preferred text editor. It should already be installed on your computer.
Although Note Pad is a great little text editor, it can’t handle large files and is much better suited for smaller jobs. You may find that you’d like an editor that is more powerful, such as:
File Transfer Protocol, better known as FTP, is a procedure used to upload and download files to and from your web server.
Although many HTML editors will enable you to edit and transfer pages to your server, an FTP program is still an essential tool, as you must have complete control over the files on your server.
An FTP program will enable you to upload scripts, set file permissions, create folders and transfer files to and from your server.
In order to use FTP, you’ll need to download and install a software program on your computer. The most widely used FTP program is WS FTP Pro http://www.wsftp.com/
A graphics editor is a software program that will enable you to design and edit graphics.
Graphic design is an intimidating subject for many Internet entrepreneurs. However, most of us must learn some basic design techniques in order to avoid the high costs of hiring a professional designer.
The most popular program used by Internet marketers is Paint Shop Pro. This powerful program is the only program you’ll need to design professional looking graphics.
A Zip file is an “archive” of one or more files compressed into one file for easy distribution.
Zip files are used to compress and transport file archives over the Internet. It is the preferred method used for electronic file distribution, as rather than downloading several different files, you can simply download one Zip file. In addition, the download time will be minimized, as the files within the Zip archive are compressed.
Once a Zip file is downloaded, it can be easily opened and extracted (unzipped) with a Zip/Unzip software program.
Although there are many Zip software programs available on the Internet, WinZip is the most popular. WinZip makes working with file archives simple. It features an easy point-and-click, drag-and-drop interface for viewing, extracting, adding, deleting and testing archived files.
You can download a fully functional evaluation version here:
Although most Internet Service Providers include email accounts for their customers, these accounts aren’t adequate for an Internet business — especially if you get a large amount of email. Not only do the email addresses contain your ISP’s name, but they are also very limited on features and options.
The two most popular email clients used online are Outlook and Eudora. These programs will enable you to download email from your server and offer features, such as sorting and
filtering, and will enable you to easily organize your email messages. What’s more, your email address will be your own domain — not someone else’s.
Your webmaster toolbox will play an important part in your success. Take the time to ensure your toolbox contains these essential tools and you’ll be well on your way to designing a professional web site.
While designing web sites it is important to keep in the mind the platform, popularly used web browsers and of course the users. One more important element of website design is search engines compatibility, since eventually the search engines will index the site to present it to the users in a search. How much the search engines give importance to your website depends a lot on the how the website is designed.
These tips will help web designers to justify what is stated above.
1) Use colors carefully such that they are brand appropriate or do justice to whatever the site is providing. This applies to the text, text fonts, background and the content provided.
2) Use tag lines, which highlight the essential features of the site and catch the attention of the readers, since visitors do not read the text fully. Set your content in proper paragraphs and columns for increased readability and appearance.
3) Avoid Flash and client side scripts on main pages. Do not use FRAMES since search engines find it difficult to index pages using the above technologies.
4) Use high-resolution graphics which are light in weight for faster downloading. The images should add to the content and help in describing the sites resources and services. The images should be appropriately placed on the web pages. Use alt text to describe the images properly for photo optimization.
5) For search engine optimization use descriptive title and meat tags since the search engine use these to some extent to index and rank your website.
6) Avoid using gate away or doorway pages which lead to the main page this is spamming and your website may be banned by major search engines. Do not resort to cloaking and over use of keywords.
7) Most important do not copy content from other websites to avoid facing duplicate content penalty. This was the practice widely resorted to earlier. It is wiser to have a content writer in the web development team.
By default windows XP doesn’t show the Administrator in the user list at the welcome screen. Here’s a way to get around it.
Now head up to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWi
create a new DWORD entry and name it as Administrator and change its value to 1.
exit and reboot for the changes to take effect.
To change it back change its value to 0 or simply delete the key.